Monday, January 3, 2011

FROM MY STASH: Illamasqua Cream Blushes


I LOVE anything Illamasqua.  Most of my slap from Illamasqua was acquired online, at www.illamasqua.com before they had a makeup counter presence in Australia.  Since they lobbed up on our fair shores, however, my collection has grown.  And this growth is likely to continue :)  I am especially besotted with the lipsticks (The texture! The pigment!), loose pigments and the cream blushes.
 I have 4 - all quite different.  I am nothing if not adventurous, eh?


Pictured L-R: Lies, Promise, Rude and Seduce



Lies is best used as a highlight shade - it's a very pearly cool pink.  I have very pale skin, and can get some colour payoff even so.  As you can see I've given this one a bit of a flogging - it's a great highlight. Kind of like a creamier, less liquid-y Benefit Moonbeam.



Promise is totally my go-to shade of the moment.  Illamasqua describes this shade as "warm candy pink, dewy finish" which I find a little misleading, as I would have definitely called it a cooler shade.  Whatevs. It's divine.



Rude is described by Illamasqua as a warm peach pink.  Again, a little misleading - I'd call it a straight peach.  It's a warm, sheer, glowy, peach which is perfect on just about anyone.  One of their top sellers.



Seduce is definitely a step away from the shades of blush I usually reach for.  I recently purchased it to go along with Salacious lipstick.  It's described as a warm rose pink - a lot like Stila Rose Convertible Colour to be honest.  Looks uber-scary red in the pan, but it sheers out bee-yoo-ti-fully on the cheek.  A new love in the making.



Top-Bottom: Seduce, Rude, Promise, Lies.  Each swiped once except Lies - swiped twice.


Illamasqua sells the Cream Blushes for AUD$32 - which, as far as I'm concerned, is a complete steal.  The product is saturated with pigment, but the gel-like texture makes blending a dream.  I swipe with a finger, tap off excess on the back of my hand, then tap on the cheeks then blend.  You can also use a blush or skunk brush and stipple on and blend too.  Doesn't matter - using these cream blushes is foolproof.

Who else loves the Illamasqua cream blushes?  Which ones do you have - and which ones to I still need to check out? *cough* Dixie *cough*

3 comments:

  1. Oh I have Lies and Promise! Gooooorgeous shades ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! You said that the blushes were $32 but on the Myer website the blushes are shown to be $42? Was that a typo or..? I'm really hoping they're $32 because I can't wait to get my hands on them!

    xGracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at those blush shades, really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete